Friday, June 11

Playing around with Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels


Okay, I am so excited to share this with you that I could almost bust. Today I was fooling around with Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels. I've never used it before. I've been watching Noell Hyman from http://www.paperclipping.com/ use it over the course of the past few months on her website, and decided to give it a whirl myself. It is quite addicting! I think that there is something very cool about misting dye onto paper, and watching different color combinations emerge. I am definitely not an expert. Sorry these photographs are nothing to write home about either, but you will get the idea.
Last week on www.paperclipping/live.com, Noell mentioned a contest that Tattered Angels was sponsoring. The winner would receive the same Glimmer Mist products that were used in Noell's Live show the previous week. What you had to do was post something that you were interested in seeing on upcoming Paperclipping subscribers videos. I posted mine, which had absolutely nothing to do with Glimmer Mist, but did have something to do with using up old product (paper/stickers/embellishments) and then I started reading posts from other people that were stating that they wanted some ideas on how to use old product that they already had on hand. More than a few people posted this. That got me thinking, and I wondered if spraying old product (paper) with glimmer mist would make it more relevant or current. I quickly posted the idea to Noell. Today, I decided that I wanted to give these ideas a try. I started with some of my older style scrapbooking paper, and just started playing around. Then I got another idea. What if I used some of my old stencils as masks? Hmmm... so I tried that. I really liked the outcome of that idea. Then I tried letter stencils. Liked that too. Some of the older style papers I tried turned out nice. Some are just okay. A few were ugly. It's all trial and error, you know. So below, for your pleasure, are some of the things I tried. None of them are perfect, but it was fun. So play around with your Glimmer Mist. I hope you have as much fun as I did. Mist away ladies!








No comments: